Angel

Female Number of posts : 15
Humor : die to self...
Registration date : 2006-10-24

First Name: Claire
Last Name: Palunday
Ministry Area: Los Banos

PostSubject: Be aware of The Golden Compass   Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:02 pm

There will be a new children's movie out in December called the Golden Compass. The movie has been described as "Atheism for Kids" and is based on the firstbook of a trilogy entitled "His Dark Materials" that was written by Phillip Pullman. Pullman is a militant atheist and secular humanist who despises C.S. Lewis and the "Chronicles of Narnia". His motivational for writing this trilogy was specifically to counteract Lewis' symbolism of Christ that are portryaed in the Narnia series.

Claerly, Pullman's main objective is to bash Christianity and promote atheism. Pullman left little doubt about his intentions when he said in a 2003 interview that "my books are about killing God." He has even stated that he wants to "kill God in the minds of children." It has been said of Pullman that he is 'the writer the atheist would be praying for, if atheist prayed."

While "the Golden compass" movie itself may seem mild and innocent, the books are a much different story. in the trilogy, a young streetwise girl becomes enmeshed in an epic struggle to ultimately defeat the oppressive forces of a senile God. Another character, an ex-nun, describes Christianity as " a very powerful and convincing mistake." in the final book, characters representing Adam and Eve eventually kill God, who at times is called YAHWEH. Each book in the trilogy gets progressively worse regarding Pullman's hatred of Jesus Christ.

"The Golden Compass" is set to premier on Dec 7, during the Christmas season (starring Nicole Kidman), and will probabaly be heavily advertised. Promoters hope that unsuspecting parents will take their children to see the movie, that they will enjoy the movie, and that the children will want the books for Christmas.

Please Pass this information along to everone you know. This will help educate parents, so that they will know the agenda of the movie. I am sending this to those of you who have kids or friends with kids, grandkids or have influence with kids. So many things today are darkness concealed in what appears to be innocent. So let us be united as one body with one Head to pray and work together for God's glory...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobbyandrachel
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2006-09-25

First Name: Roberto (Bobby)
Last Name: Figueroa
Ministry Area: Los Banos

PostSubject: Re: Be aware of The Golden Compass   Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:27 am

I agree. I was actually about to watch the movie myself until i read the review. If we don't watch this movie, we can contribute to the discouragement of having its sequel being produced as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://layf.heavenforum.com
s6ap
Virtue
Virtue

Male Number of posts : 207
Hobbies/Occupation : Systems Analyst - IRRI
Registration date : 2006-09-27

First Name: Lord Hendrix a.k.a. "dags"
Last Name: barboza
Ministry Area: LB

PostSubject: Re: Be aware of The Golden Compass   Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:44 pm

naalala ko tuloy ung great flood. wla lang share ko lng.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bluz
Virtue
Virtue

Male Number of posts : 165
Hobbies/Occupation : Resarch Asso / College Instructor
Registration date : 2006-10-06

First Name: Richard
Last Name: Pascua
Ministry Area: LB

PostSubject: Re: Be aware of The Golden Compass   Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:05 pm

"The Golden Compass" grossed only $55 million, while NIcole Kidman's Talent Fee ranges from $15-20 million. That's for Kidman alone, pano na lang yung iba pang ginastos sa movie like the special effects and the other actors? That means "NALUGI ANG THE GOLDEN COMPASS" heheheheh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Be aware of The Golden Compass   

Back to top Go down

Be aware of The Golden Compass
Page 1 of 1