Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What it means to be a Christian?

Go down 
+5
juwen
bluz
beads
zandara
celdricg
9 posters
AuthorMessage
celdricg
Virtue
Virtue
celdricg

Male Number of posts : 113
Humor : http://www.e-dsp.com/free-ebooks/
Hobbies/Occupation : tumambay sa layf.tk
Registration date : 2006-10-06

First Name: Eric
Last Name: Valencia
Ministry Area: Los Banos

What it means to be a Christian? Empty
PostSubject: What it means to be a Christian?   What it means to be a Christian? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2006 10:11 pm

self explanatory
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/celdricg/physics_world.html
zandara
Angel
Angel

Female Number of posts : 1
Humor : culot
Hobbies/Occupation : anything goes
Registration date : 2006-10-08

First Name:
Last Name:
Ministry Area:

PostSubject: Re: What it means to be a Christian?   What it means to be a Christian? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2006 10:20 pm

kristiyano?.....mabuhay para kay cristo....

we are pilgrims... dz is not our perma. home///
Back to top Go down
beads
Power
Power
beads

Female Number of posts : 64
Humor : Everything is a process... :)
Hobbies/Occupation : travelling! nature trips!
Registration date : 2006-09-27

First Name: Vida Grace
Last Name: Sinohin
Ministry Area: Los Baños

PostSubject: Re: What it means to be a Christian?   What it means to be a Christian? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2006 5:35 pm

hello mga repapips... hmmm napakalawak ng iyong katanungan celdricg, posibleng sagutin base sa iba't ibang aspeto ng buhay, makipag kita ka na lang kaya sa akin para maipaliwanag ko... libre mo ako ha sa store ni ate sol! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://b3ads.multiply.com
bluz
Virtue
Virtue
bluz

Male Number of posts : 165
Hobbies/Occupation : Resarch Asso / College Instructor

First Name: Richard
Last Name: Pascua
Ministry Area: LB

PostSubject: Re: What it means to be a Christian?   What it means to be a Christian? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2006 12:33 am

Christian = being Christ-like or living with Christ

Parang Corinthians na nakatira sa Corinth or Philippians na nakatira sa Philippi
Back to top Go down
celdricg
Virtue
Virtue
celdricg

PostSubject: Re: What it means to be a Christian?   What it means to be a Christian? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2006 3:19 am

ok yan ah......hehehe
Back to top Go down
juwen
Admin
Admin
juwen

Female Number of posts : 301

First Name: Jhoana
Last Name: Perez
Ministry Area: LA Central

PostSubject: Re: What it means to be a Christian?   What it means to be a Christian? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2006 5:08 am

celdricg, i suggest you read the book of John, where the basics of the faith are laid out explicitly
Back to top Go down
celdricg
Virtue
Virtue
celdricg

PostSubject: Re: What it means to be a Christian?   What it means to be a Christian? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2006 2:01 pm

yes ate juwen..
Back to top Go down
bluz
Virtue
Virtue
bluz

Male Number of posts : 165
Hobbies/Occupation : Resarch Asso / College Instructor

First Name: Richard
Ministry Area: LB

PostSubject: Re: What it means to be a Christian?   What it means to be a Christian? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2006 4:57 pm

I think kung faith ang pag-uusapan.. Hebrews 11 is a big help
Back to top Go down
xian_barm
Admin
Admin
xian_barm

Male Number of posts : 72

First Name: Stoix Nebin
Ministry Area: Science City of Muñoz, Nueva Ecija

PostSubject: Re: What it means to be a Christian?   What it means to be a Christian? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2006 6:28 pm

Now I'm Born Again, What Next?

by abuGian

Congratulations!

You have found that there is more to this life than living and dying.

Remember the date you received Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior. You see, it has been three years since I made the decision to follow Lord Jesus and let me tell you, based on experience, life as a Christian is exciting! It was February 14, 1993 when I received Him as Lord and Savior and it was March 28, 1993 when I got water baptized in the name of Christ and I still remember the dates because it was memorable and my life has never been the same.

You see as a student once, I know what it’s like to make your own destiny. But frustrations lead me to believe that I was insignificant until He came along and showed me how special I am. Purity and holiness are words foreign to the youth of this generation--the Generation X but you see, you can really enjoy your life while being pure and holy to God.

CHRIST AS YOUR SAVIOR. Jesus already paid the price. There should be no more striving in order to please God so that we can have eternal life. No religion. No institutions. No amount of hard work can ever match the requirements set by God to escape the punishment for every sin that we have done and will ever do because Jesus already paid it in full when He was crucified. So you can be assured that every work that you do will be rewarded in both here and in heaven not that we can enter heaven but as a prize. Because Jesus though He died he never remained dead. He lives physically and spiritually, preparing a special place for us all.

CHRIST AS LORD. The word ‘Lord’ means ‘Boss’ or ‘Sir’. As our Lord, Jesus Christ must be obeyed 100% not 97% not 98%, but in full. Whatever sin that He asks us to give up we should freely give up, no ifs no buts. What if I fail? If we stumble and fail, we just need to stand up again and confess our weaknesses and then ask and believe God’s forgiveness. You see being a Christian does not mean that you become sinless. But it means: growing Christians hate sin more and more. Don’t worry the Holy Spirit will help you go through it all, with flying colors!

THE WORD OF GOD. It is only through the Bible we can learn more about God, the Lord Jesus and even our destiny. Although personal experiences and testimonies of other friends help us to know more about God, it is, however, very subjective. The Bible, on the other hand is not, and contrary to the belief of many, it is an ‘open book.’ It means it can be easily understood if you sincerely desire to know God, especially now that you have made the decision to follow Christ. The Holy Spirit is promised to help us understand what we need to understand. Anyway, at this stage you are what we call a ‘baby Christian.’ You need to do what babies do--drink milk. For new believers, the Bible is their spiritual milk but as they grow the Bible becomes their spiritual food, it becomes meat even. In order to grow you should read your Bible daily, starting from the Book of John. Set a certain time where you can devote it for knowing more about God. A chapter a day will do as long as you make sure you understand what it says on every verse. Ask God to reveal His word to you on that verse and how it can be applied into your life. Anyway, we will be there to help you understand should there be any questions. You have to grow so you read your Bible--daily!

PRAYER. Prayer is the sweetest form of communication. Because through prayer we can talk to God. Talking to God is much like talking to dad and our love ones. The key in prayer is sincerity, God knows our heart and our motives. He knows our intentions before we even come to Him to pray. Another key in prayer is concentration or ‘focus’. When reading comic books or watching our favorite TV shows, we do not let anybody loose our concentration. When we talk to God, we also should do the same and not let our thoughts wonder. Anyway, you can ask the Holy Spirit to teach you how to pray.

The Lord promised that if we ask anything in His name, as long as it is according to His will and timing, and with the right motive we can be assured that it will be answered. No request is too small or too big for God. You may also ask God for good grades or pray for your mom or dad so that they will not worry often.

FELLOWSHIP. The Bible says ‘bad company corrupts good character’ you must associate with fellow believers at this stage so that you will be built up in knowing Jesus. You see how can we know God from people with tongues full of cursing. There are good Christian friends you can find and their fun to be with--I can tell! Taking part of a Small Bible Study Group (also called Cell Groups) will help you know Christian friends from Generation X.

WORSHIP. There are many Christian fellowship centers in the Philippines where you can attend our worship services the one you just experienced is one of the fulfilling part of Christian experience--worshipping God. You see, thousands of mighty angels worship God in heaven and it is a privilege for us to take part in celebrating God’s grace and provisions. In worship we give everything to God, even our songs.

TELL OTHERS ABOUT CHRIST. Jesus said, "Whosoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in Heaven." (Matthew 10:32). Therefore, tell your friends and loved ones what He just did to you. You may start be telling us about it.

http://thebereans.net/sav-congrats.shtml

Last edited by on Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://lakasangkan.minihost.org
xian_barm
Admin
Admin
xian_barm

Male Number of posts : 72

First Name: Stoix Nebin
Ministry Area: Science City of Muñoz, Nueva Ecija

PostSubject: Re: What it means to be a Christian?   What it means to be a Christian? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2006 6:30 pm

Signs of Salvation

by Winkie Pratney

True Christians will show definite signs of a real experience with God that has resulted in a genuine conversion to Christ. The following are EVIDENCES – (not PROOF!) that a person has passed “from death to life”. The first group are EXTERNAL – ones that you, the counselor, can recognize. The second are INTERNAL, and those which the new Christians should look for in his own life.

OUTWARD:

1. DESIRE FOR SCRIPTURE – A true Christian wants to read the Bible to find out what God expects of him. Scripture is spiritual “food”. “Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God”.

2. DIFFERENCE OF STANDARD – A radical change in habit, action and purpose. A New Christian wants to be different in word, thought and deed. It may take time for the inward change to show outwardly in some things, but never condemn a new convert for what he is until you find out first what he wants to be! “ Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature; old things are passed away; all things are become new.” (2 Corinthians 5:17; Galatians 6:5-16; Ephesians 4:20-24; Philippians 3:7; 1 John 3:1-3).

3. DIFFERENCE OF SELF – A child of God begins to tighten the rein on old habits of self-indulgence. A sterner eye is given to areas of life (such as food and drink, changing both the quality and quantity). Harmful stimulants, late nights (and late mornings), extravagant dressing and living begin to dealt with by the Cross. “Every man that hath this hope in him, purifies himself, even as He is pure” (1 John 3:3; Luke 3:11; Matthew 16:24; 1 Corinthians 10:13; Galatians 5:22-23).

4. DESPISED BY THE WORLD – A new Christian will experience trouble from those who know him well, who don’t understand his new life, or from “dead” Christians who have backslidden in hearth and whose lukewarmness the new convert will show up. “Yes – that live godly lives in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution” (John 15:18-21; Acts 5:40-41; Romans 8:18; 12:20-21; 2 Timothy 2:12; 3:12; Philippians 1:28-29; 1 Peter 2:20-21).

5. SEEKS OTHER CHRISTIANS – A hunger for fellowship and a real love for true children of God is a sure sign of the new birth. “By this shall all men know that you are my disciples – if you have love one toward another” (John 13:35; Acts 2:42; Romans 15:5-6; Ephesians 3:17-19; Hebrews 10:25; Peter 1:22; 1 John 1:2, 7; 3:14; 7:7-13).

6. SERVES THE LORD – Looks for ways and means to please the Lord Jesus – begins to witness for Him, and wants to win souls. “For me to live is Christ and to die is gain” (Psalm 107:2; Philippians 1:21; Matthew 10:32; 25:29; John 14:12 Peter 3:15).

7. STICKS TO THE TASK – Keeps pushing forward for the Lord despite failure or setbacks – a determination to stay true to God.” . . . This one thing I do – forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forward for the things before, I press toward the mark…” (Philippians 3:13-14; 1 John 1:4; Romans 6:1-14; Peter 1:10; John 5:37, 39; Psalm 37:23-24).

INWARD:

1. ASSURANCE OF GOD’S LOVE – This clears away doubt, makes Christians active for the Lord, decided in his faith and holy in his life. “All that the Father gives me shall come to me ; and the one that come to me | will certainly never cast out” (John 6:37; 5:24; 16:27-33; Acts 13:39, Romans 15:13; 8:38-39; 1 John 1:12; 3:20; 4:18; 5:12-13).

2. ALL SUSTAINING PEACE – This peace upholds and undergirds the believer through all trials and tribulations. A freedom from fear no matter how dangerous, difficult or deadly a situation may be. “The peace of God which passes all understanding, shall guard your hearts and minds through Jesus Christ” (Philippians 4:7; Luke 12:32; John 14:1-2, 27; 2 Timothy 1:7; 2 Corinthians 5:1, 8; Isaiah 32:17; 41:10; Psalm 23:4).

3. AWAKENED CONSCIENCE – Greater awareness of thoughts, words or deeds which do not please the Lord. A respect for the power of sin; a fear of the Lord and a keeping of His commandments. “We know that we are of God and the whole world lies in wickedness” (1 John 5:19; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Romans 12:2; John 14:15, 21; Proverbs 19:23; Jeremiah 32:40; 1 Timothy 1:5; James 1:12; Hebrews 13:8; Revelation 3:5 1 Peter 1:13-16; 2:9)

4. SEARCH FOR TRUTH – A genuine desire for reality and solid foundations on which to build the new life both in the Word of God and from other spiritual Christians. “For everyone that does evil hates the light …but he that does truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest that they are wrought in God” (John 3:20-21; 5:39; 8:12, 31; Matthew 7:21; Acts 17:11; Corinthians 2:9-16).

5. SPIRIT WITNESS – The Holy Spirit provides the indescribable consciousness of acceptance with God on the merit of the Lord Jesus. “For as many are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God” (Romans 8:14; 8:9; John 14:17; 1 John 4:13; 5:10).

6. SONSHIP AWARENESS – When God is truly Father; the child of God has a warm sense of parental affection and care from the Lord. “And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts crying – ‘Dear Father’” (Galatians 4:6; Romans 8:28-29; 8:15-17; John 1:12; 16:26-27; 17:5-6; 21-26; 2 Corinthians 6:16-18; Ephesians 2:18; 1 John 3:1-2).

7. SOCIAL CONCERN – An interest in the needs of others, with desire to promote righteousness, do good “studying and devising ways and means to convert, sanctify and reform mankind.” “But whosoever has this world’s goods and sees his brother in need and closes his heart against him, how does the love of God abide in him?” (1 John 3:16-24; 1 Peter 2:2; 2 Corinthians 9:6-7; 9:6, 8; John 9:4-5; Proverbs 11:25).

RECOGNIZING REJECTION OF GOD

Those who have deliberately grieved away God’s Spirit by continual rebellion against the Truth are in terrible danger of being forever lost. There are, again, some evidences (NOT proof) that a man has been forsaken of God, and further attempts at witness may be futile:

1. RICH AND PROSPEROUS IN SIN (over a long period) – A person who profits greatly from the fruit of sin is in danger of sacrificing eternal rights and riches for material wealth. “I was envious . . . when I saw the prosperity of the wicked . . . until I went into the sanctuary of God – then I saw their end” (Psalm 49; 73:3-19; Jeremiah 5:27-29; Luke 12:15-21).

2. RUNS FROM TRUTH – makes a HABIT of avoiding places and people connected with salvation – stays away from Church, the Bible and soul-winning Christians. If a fatal disease is spreading, the ones sure to die are those who ignore the remedy. “As I live, saith the Lord of God – I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked . . . turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will you die, oh house of Israel?” (Ezekiel 33:11; john 5:39-40; 8:24; 9:41).

3. REBELS INSTEAD OF REPENTS under chastisement – in trouble allowed to make the soul cast itself on God, the reprobate instead becomes more and more bitter against Him. “Why should ye be stricken any more? You will revolt more and more” (Isaiah 1:5; Psalm 94:12; Proverbs 3:11; Revelation 3:19).

4. AGES IN SIN – Most people are saved under the age of 25. The older a person gets in rebellion against God, the less likely it is that they will repent. Those who set their hearts to make their mark in the world then “coldly calculate to give their lives to God later” are trying to take advantage of God’s forbearance. They try to give the jaded remnant of a Devil-serving life to God. It will not work. “My Spirit will not always strive with man; for that he is flesh” (Genesis 6:3; Ecclesiastes 12:1; Romans 2:4-10).

5. ABSENCE OF CHASTISEMENT – When a person has NO trouble he is IN trouble! Satan never seems much to bother with the person who has no interest in the things of God. He will keep him for “later.” “Despise not the chastening of the Lord; for whom he loves, he chastises” (Hebrews 12:5-8; Proverbs 3:11; Psalm 94:12; Revelation 3:19).

6. ACCEPTS DAMNING HERESY – God sends “strong delusions” that they might believe a lie, because “they obey not the Truth, but have pleasure in unrighteousness.” The more certain their damnation is, the more certainly they believe it. “Beware how you trifle with truth. How often have sinners argued in favor of a lie too long for the sake of argument, until they have come to believe their own lie and are lost forever” (2 Peter 2:1-3; Romans 1:28-32).

Soil Deo gloria

[Taken from Youth Aflame! Handbook For Followers Of Jesus by Winkie Pratney (Bethany House Minneapolis MN, 1987).]
http://www.thebereans.net/ref-savsigns.shtml

Last edited by on Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://lakasangkan.minihost.org
juwen
Admin
Admin
juwen

Female Number of posts : 301

First Name: Jhoana
Last Name: Perez
Ministry Area: LA Central

PostSubject: Re: What it means to be a Christian?   What it means to be a Christian? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 19, 2006 1:39 am

very helpful posts bro! Smile
Back to top Go down
yarzi
Power
Power
yarzi

Female Number of posts : 83
Hobbies/Occupation : student

First Name: raysel evarem
Last Name: palisoc
Ministry Area: los baños

PostSubject: Re: What it means to be a Christian?   What it means to be a Christian? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2006 3:20 pm

CHRISTIAN -- I Am Nothing without Christ...
Back to top Go down
a-chee
Angel
Angel

Female Number of posts : 15
Humor : die to self...
Registration date : 2006-10-24

First Name: Claire
Last Name: Palunday

PostSubject: Re: What it means to be a Christian?   What it means to be a Christian? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 12:44 pm

DIE TO SELF![/b]
Back to top Go down
rene
Angel
Angel

Male Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-03-31

PostSubject: Re: What it means to be a Christian?   What it means to be a Christian? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:45 pm

christian is a man that Christ lives in him...and i am one of them....
i am a christian...
a christian is a born again.. not born again by the body but born of the spirit..
a christian is son of God and the body of the christian is the temple of the holy spirit for the God seals as the great counselor as we accept Jesus as our LORD AND SAVIOR...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What it means to be a Christian?   What it means to be a Christian? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What it means to be a Christian?
Page 1 of 1