Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

of QT's/devotionals/bible readings

Go down 
+2
elhiko
juwen
6 posters
AuthorMessage
juwen
Admin
Admin
juwen

Female Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2006-09-27

First Name: Jhoana
Last Name: Perez
Ministry Area: LA Central

of QT's/devotionals/bible readings Empty
PostSubject: of QT's/devotionals/bible readings   of QT's/devotionals/bible readings Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2006 5:15 am

just sharing..
if you are at the point where you are encouraging your new contact to have a regular quiet time/bible reading/devotional and you have no clue where to point them, folks suggest you direct them to the book of JOHN. I would explain the reason myself but i think this article that i found would do it better Smile

Moreover, Philip Yancey and Tim Stafford in The Student Bible writes:
It is also in this gospel that Jesus refers to Himself with metaphoric "I am" sayings that emphasizes many of His attributes, a very important subject to establish in a new believer:
Back to top Go down
elhiko
Power
Power

Male Number of posts : 83
Hobbies/Occupation : singing, sightings (he he he)

First Name: Elson
Last Name: Montibon
Ministry Area: Sweden (Lord willing)

PostSubject: Re: of QT's/devotionals/bible readings   of QT's/devotionals/bible readings Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2006 5:39 pm

Yeah, I believe too Juwen..

I usually recommend this gospel as the first book to read for quiet time and early bible reading..

Maybe you can realy be an efficient researcher.
Back to top Go down
xian_barm
Admin
Admin
xian_barm

Male Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2006-10-06

First Name: Stoix Nebin
Last Name: Pascua
Ministry Area: Science City of Muņoz, Nueva Ecija

PostSubject: Re: of QT's/devotionals/bible readings   of QT's/devotionals/bible readings Icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2006 6:12 pm

I agree also. sa gospel of John ko sila pinapaQT. Dyan din kasi ako nagsimula noong bata-bata pa ako.
Back to top Go down
http://lakasangkan.minihost.org
bobbyandrachel
Admin
Admin
bobbyandrachel

Male Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2006-09-25

First Name: Roberto (Bobby)
Last Name: Figueroa
Ministry Area: Los Banos

PostSubject: Re: of QT's/devotionals/bible readings   of QT's/devotionals/bible readings Icon_minitimeThu Oct 19, 2006 2:49 pm

Kung nagbabasa ka ng Old Testament tulad lalo na yung Pentateuch, and if you think na nagiging dry ang QT mo dahil wala ka masyado makitang insight kasi puro Someone begat Someone nababasa mo, samahan mo ng Psalms or Proverbs.

But then again, this is just a technical advice, iba parin talaga pag mag-aask ka sa Holy SPirit for illumination Smile
Back to top Go down
http://layf.heavenforum.com
juwen
Admin
Admin
juwen

PostSubject: Re: of QT's/devotionals/bible readings   of QT's/devotionals/bible readings Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2006 8:02 am

i can relate sa pentateuch..kase one seemingly fine day,ako po ay bigla na lamang na-lost pagdating ko sa leviticus Smile i agree wid bobeedee na samahan ng psalms..those books you can read over and over again without getting old!
Back to top Go down
emil climaco
Power
Power

Male Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2006-10-15

First Name:
Last Name:
Ministry Area:

PostSubject: Re: of QT's/devotionals/bible readings   of QT's/devotionals/bible readings Icon_minitimeSat Nov 04, 2006 5:27 pm

with regards to the books of pentateuch, i would advise those who are having their quite time in these books to reflect on the authenticity and truthfulness of God's written history.

resolved in yourself that while you are reading those books, the powerful hand of the Lord have indeed done the miraculous event no matter how weird they may be. And though plenty of people would refute the historicity of God's works, let nothing move us!
Back to top Go down
juwen
Admin
Admin
juwen

PostSubject: Re: of QT's/devotionals/bible readings   of QT's/devotionals/bible readings Icon_minitimeSat Nov 04, 2006 10:50 pm

^
^
^
Amen kuya Emil!
Smile
Back to top Go down
xian_barm
Admin
Admin
xian_barm

Male Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2006-10-06

First Name: Stoix Nebin
Last Name: Pascua
Ministry Area: Science City of Muņoz, Nueva Ecija

PostSubject: Re: of QT's/devotionals/bible readings   of QT's/devotionals/bible readings Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2006 4:29 pm

Itong verse na ito po, nagandahan ako. Jeremiah 23:2-4:

Therefore this is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says to the shepherds who tend my people: "Because you have scattered my flock and driven them away and have not bestowed care on them, I will bestow punishment on you for the evil you have done," declares the LORD.

"I myself will gather the remnant of my flock out of all the countries where I have driven them and will bring them back to their pasture, where they will be fruitful and increase in number.

I will place shepherds over them who will tend them, and they will no longer be afraid or terrified, nor will any be missing," declares the LORD.
Back to top Go down
http://lakasangkan.minihost.org
mokmoki
Power
Power
mokmoki

Male Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2006-12-13

First Name: Mark Timothy "Macky"
Last Name: Agarrado
Ministry Area: Los Banos

PostSubject: Re: of QT's/devotionals/bible readings   of QT's/devotionals/bible readings Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2006 8:10 am

john din ang unang pinabasa sakin ng cell leader ko sa dati naming church. hehe. nasa john kasi yung fundamental truths na kailangan malaman ng isang believer. ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://mokmoki.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: of QT's/devotionals/bible readings   of QT's/devotionals/bible readings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

of QT's/devotionals/bible readings
Page 1 of 1